The vision of the department is “Create and sustain as a Centre of excellence in Computer Science and Engineering
and allied areas of research to pave the way for providing better technocrats to the society”.
The mission of the department is “To provide strong conceptual base (M1) for acquiring programming skills, to develop high computational innovative skills (M2) and to empower leadership qualities with strong ethical base (M3)”.
- PEO1: Ability to develop hardware and software problem solving capabilities by inculcating strong fundamental, analytical, and communication skills.
- PEO2: Ability to build confidence to address the challenges in their work and to apply innovative technical tools through interaction with professional bodies.
- PEO3: Ability to gain sufficient depth of knowledge, Self-learning skills, technical skills and leadership qualities through participating in personality development activities, so as to sustain in multidisciplinary environment.
- PEO4: To be able to respond to societal needs in professional and ethical concerns.
- PSO 1: System Inception and Elaboration: Conceptualize the software and/or hardware systems, system components and processes/procedures through requirement analysis, Modelling/Design of the system using various architectural/design patterns, Standard Notations, procedures and algorithms.
- PSO 2: System Construction: Implement the systems, Procedures and Processes using the state of the art technologies, standards, tools and Programming Paradigms.
- PSO 3: System Testing and Deployment: Verify and Validate the Systems, Procedures and Processes using various testing and verification techniques and tools.
- PSO 4: Quality and Maintenance: Manage the quality through various product development strategies under revision, transition and operation through maintainability, flexibility, testability, portability, reusability, interoperability, correctness, reliability, efficiency, integrity and usability to adapt the system to the changing structure and behavior of the systems/environments.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.