Empower civil engineers with high technical competence and social consciousness.
- To inculcate fundamentals of Civil Engineering in design, construction and maintenance of projects at national and global level.
- To excel in Design of economical and sustainable structures with due care for environment, public health and safety considering geo-technical bases and encourage in pursuing future careers.
- To create conscientious engineers who would apply their knowledge critically and innovatively to solve professional and societal challenges.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals,
and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering
problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and
- Design/development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design
system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the
public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research-based knowledge and research methods
including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to
provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage : Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern
engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an
understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal,
health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional
- Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in
societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse
teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering
community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and
design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering
and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to
manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning : Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in
independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: IMPART: Application of Mathematical, physical, geotechnical, environmental,
hydrological and structural knowledge for the formulation and framing of solution models in
- PEO2: COMPETENCE : Establish an understanding of theory and design practice in all
disciplines of Civil Engineering.
- PEO3: DEVELOP: To enhance computer based knowledge for civil engineering applications
and communication skills.
- PEO4: ADVANCE: Instill interest in lifelong learning and ethical thinking that cater the needs
of the society .
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Graduates of Civil Engineering department should be able to identify, resolve and
provide solutions for engineering problems.
- PSO2: Graduates should be able to communicate effectively, ue modern tools for
cost-effective solutions and have environmental consciousness.
- PSO3: Develop engineers with ability to work in multidisciplinary environment and have
interest in life long learning.