Welcome to the Department of Chemistry. It is a privilege to lead this distinguished Department as we move towards a new era of exploration in the chemical sciences. While a brief history of the Department of Chemistry at Gayatri Vidya Parishad is detailed here, our earliest origins-This department was Established in 1989 and first served by eminent persons like Dr. R. Rambabu, Sri T. Ravishankar, Sri G. Ramasastry, Smt V. Sree Devi, Sri M. Pavan Kumar, Dr. T. Sandhya and presently heading by Sri K. Ravi Prasad. The Department has independent laboratories fully equipped with instruments and consumables, and advanced equipment's for teaching.
The Department of Chemistry is committed to providing an open, safe, and engaging environment in which all persons are welcome and respected. We strive hard to cultivate a fair environment where our students can thrive as they advance new chemical frontiers through research, innovation, collaboration and scholarship.
Students with Chemistry as one of the subjects in intermediate or 10+2 level.
For Higher Studies:
- Students with Chemistry background are eligible to do any post-graduate courses like M. Sc. in Mathematics/ Physics /Chemistry, Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in any State and Central Universities.
- The course will be an added advantage for those opting for defense services.
- Student interested in teaching schools can pursue B.Ed in Physical Sciences and English Methods.
Private sector jobs
- The graduates of the department stream have been selected by some of the leading software companies through campus drives and placed as data analysts.
Public sector jobs
- After completion of the courses there will be many career avenues for the students such as UPPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and SSC (Staff Selection Commission)
- The graduates of Chemistry with a combination of mathematics can opt for bank jobs, both private and nationalized.