Previously, LIFESCIENCES was chosen by the students as an alternative to the medical education but in recent year LIFE SCIENCES has explored the world with new technologies, new innovations and ignited young minds a lust towards science. Still there is gap between industrial needs and academics, to fill up the gap and provide a quality of education with a practical exposure to meet the industrial needs, the department of LIFE SCIENCE was established in 2005 with an intake of 40 students.
The department has grown as one of the elite departments of the institute. To meet the challenges of the rapidly growing discipline the department has started a unique Bachelor’s degree with MICROBIOLOGY, BIOTECHNOLOGY, and BIOCHEMISTRY combination. At present there are 220 students in the department.
Departmental profile: MICROBIOLOGY-BIOTECHNOLOGY-BIOCHEMISTRY
Placements of the Students:
Student Achievements In Academic Year 2016-2017
Projects by the student PROJECTS BY STUDENTS -2016-17
The department of life sciences to improve the practical skills and ensure that all the students should acquainted with all instruments project work is made mandatory. During the final year students were grouped and each batch was assigned with one project.
- P. Pooja Raja Sri, Sandeep & Sheena -- Isolation and Identification of bacteria from Mousambi fruit pulp waste.
- Chandrika, Nissi, Sravan, Gouthami & Surya -- “Microbial Analysis of food products preserved at low temperatures”.
- P. Sandhya An Ankitha -- Efficiency of different water filters.
- Chandu, Navya And Sahithi -- Aeroflora Analysis.
- Swathi, Surya Kiran, Priya Raghav, Jyotshna -- “Effect of Trichoderma Viridae as a potential Bio-fertilizer”.
- Sathvika, Lokeswri, Harika, Suchitra & Monish –- Identification of amylase producing microorganisms from soil.
- Vandana, Ganga, Tejsri , Mahua Das & Shivakumar -- “Effect of heavy metals on L. Vannamei Nauplii”.
- Haritha, Mounik, Vyshnavi, Praiyanka Saini, Gayathri & Krishna Veni -- “Isolation of fungi from rotten orange, onion and tomato”.
- Bharathi, Tejaswi, Vishnuprasad, Samitha, Goutham & Bindu -- Preparation of hand santitizer by using aloevera and rose flowers.
- Kalyani, Rani, Prudhvi, Gayathri and Priyanka -- Obesity correlation to diabetes and hypertension natural remedies.
- Rekha, Manoj, Hyma, Amala & Sravani -- Analysis of different cooking oils.
- Blessy, Soujanya, Shanmukh -- Antibiotic and Anticancer activity of roots of local plants.
Particulars of Research Work/Higher Studies: (Attached)
Analysis of result: Semester wise result analysis will be done to find out dropouts. The pass percentage always be 90% above.
Community Service Organized and Participated:
College have a wing of NSS. With association of NSS students and staff organize and participate in blood donation camps, health camps, eye checkup camp, Cancer awareness rallies. Every year from 1st,2n and 3rd year students will participate in mega NSS campus where the students go to rural areas and stay for 15 days to create an awareness regarding health, hygiene and environment.
Literary and Cultural Activities:
STUDENT SEMINARS are organized every 3rd Saturday in the department on research and advancements in life sciences.