With a vision of providing quality education and to develop technocrats, the Department of Electronics is successfully organizing a Bachelor’s program in science with Maths, Electronics and Computer Science as elective subjects from the year 1997 with an intake of 180 students. This Undergraduate program is a blend of both hardware and software. It is diversified greatly in order to keep in pace with recent trends and developments and the fast changing needs of the society.
The course is designed with a view to catering to the present day requirements in Industries, R&D fields, higher studies and Self-employment. Moreover the course structure intends to inculcate strong laboratory skills. The three years of study starts from the fundamentals of Electronics, Circuit Analysis, Semiconductor devices and applications, Digital Electronics, Analog and digital IC applications, Microprocessors, Microcontrollers, Electronic Instrumentation, PCB designing, Bio medical Instrumentation and consumer Electronics.
The department organizes a Career Oriented Program (COP) in Embedded Systems Design which has received a grant of 10 Lakh Rupees from U.G.C. The department also organizes a student run club E-Club which gives a platform for the students to upgrade themselves outside the textbook.
A student passed his/her Intermediate with Maths, Physics and Chemistry is eligible to join in this course.
For Higher Studies:
- Students with background of Electronics, student can undergo training in Chip Designing courses like Verilog, VHDL etc,
- Higher learning students deeply interested in pursuit of advanced studies in M.Sc., Electronics, Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science can find opportunities in the respective disciplines after which they can move either into research or do their M.Tech. in Electronics or Computer Science
- Eligible to do any interdisciplinary post-graduate courses like Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in many prestigious institutions all over India and abroad.
- Student interested in teaching schools can pursue B.Ed in mathematical Sciences and English Methods
For public and private sector jobs:
- Private sector jobs: The graduates of the department stream have been selected by some of the leading software and hardware companies of the country through campus drive every year and were being employed as Electronic design engineers, Hardware and networking engineers etc. Many students are in leading roles in MNCs like AMAZON, TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS, L&T, Cognizant, Tessolve etc in and out the country.
- Public sector jobs: Careers in organizations like BSNL, BHEL etc or eligible for any competitive examinations.
- Career abroad: need to have a certification in networking Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA).
Details of Head of the departments worked from 1989
|S.No||Head of the Department||During Academic Year|
|1||Sri. A.Syam Sundar||1989-1994|
|3||Sri.M. Sanjeeva Naidu||2003-2008|
|4||Sri.V.Vijaya Kumar||2008-2009 Sep|
|5||Smt.D.Sreedevi||2009 Oct- Till Date|
Details Of The Course:
The course is designed for 3 years with 6 semesters.
Semester 1: Paper-1: Basic Circuit Theory
Semester 2: Paper-2: Electronics Devices and circuits
Semester 3: Paper-3: Digital Electronics
Semester 4: Paper-4: Analog and Digital IC applications
Semester 5: Paper-5: Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
Semester 5: Paper-6: Electronic Communications
Semester 6: Paper-7: Electronic Instrumentation
Semester 6: Paper-8 A: Electronic Circuits and PCB Designing
Semester 6: Paper-8 B: Bio-Medical Instrumentation
Semester 6: Paper-8 C: Consumer Electronics
Laboratory: 1 ANALOG ELECTRONICS LAB AND POWER ELECTRONICS LAB
The lab is mainly designed to introduce application part of semiconductor device and analog system design. The equipment includes Dual trace oscilloscopes, Function generators, Dual Power Supplies (with analog& digital display), I.C. Testers (analog &digital), Audio power meter, multi meters ,panel meters and many analog trainer kits.
Laboratory: 2 MICROPROCESSORS AND MICROCONTROLLER LAB:
Microprocessor& Microcontroller lab is mainly used to give the concepts of assembly language programming and their interfacing.
Some Of The Student Activities:
EDU TECHNO TRIP
PARTICIPATION IN ANDHRA UNIVERSITY